Okehampton

The first documented history of Okehampton was in 980AD when it was listed as a Saxon town, but then it was named Ocmundtune. In 1066 the town was taken over by the Normans and the first Sheriff Baldwin de Brion set about building Okehampton Castle, the ruins of which can still be seen. Today Okehampton is a busy town that offers a fine selection of shops from supermarkets to small establishments that offer personal and friendly services.

Back